Combining Newsletters and Contests
We found a few reasons why combining newsletters and contests is a good thing.
In a blog post on Unbounce, they revealed some pretty amazing results on how contests can improve engagement and how they received 700% increase subscribers.
- Why Run Contests? Promotions that use giveaways convert more targeted visitors into subscribers and improve the odds of making a final conversion.
- What’s in a Name? Contests that specify a month in their name receive 40% more email subscribers. e.g. November’s iPad giveaway vs. iPad Giveaway.
- Giveaway vs. Sweepstake: The word “giveaway” gets 27% more conversions than “sweepstakes.”
- To the Left or to the Right? Contest widgets placed on the bottom-right increase email subscriptions 125% over those placed on the bottom-left.
- Make it Easy: “Enter in seconds” gets 33% more email subscribers than just “Enter.”
- What’s a Picture Worth? Images, even irrelevant ones, lead to 22% more email subscribers.
Enter our demo contest below. It only takes a few seconds 😉Video submission contest