Dream of larger, engaged mailing lists? Have you tried running a MailChimp contest? You may already add incentive to joining your newsletter list (save 10%, download a whitepaper, etc), but if you want to really boost your email subscribers, one of the most effective ways is to use the MailChimp contest integration to run sweepstakes, contests and giveaways. Setting up your Mailchimp giveaway is quick and easy, and you’ll see almost immediate results.
In fact, recent contest holders from EnterTalk Radio, Mission Engineering and Pitbull Audio gained over 9000 new followers, likes and newsletter subscribers with their contest.
Paul from EnterTalk Radio wrote more about his experience using the Rewards Fuel contest app on WordPress.
Read more —> HERE.
“Now you can say “sign up for my newsletter to enter to win my Mailchimp contest”
Rewards Fuel will take care of all the details of your giveaway for you, including double opting-in and the export process to MailChimp, (or if you wish Aweber, iContact, Vertical Response, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor.)
Your contest will come with detailed contest statistics that you can print or email at any time. You’ll discover the age, gender, location, device used and more of your contestants and as a result, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of your target market, therefore, allowing you to create more effective and targeted marketing campaigns in the future.
- Setting up your Mailchimp contest in 5 easy steps:
- Login: Visit www.RewardsFuel.com and choose ‘create a contest’: Don’t have an account yet? Sign-up and choose any one of our contest plans.
- Create your contest: From your home screen, you’ll be prompted to add a name, description, start/ end dates and your videos, GIF’s or images.
- Add your entry methods: We have over 30 entry methods to choose from, choose ‘newsletter entry’ and follow the prompts which ask you to describe your newsletter etc.
- Optional: Choose where you want your newsletter exported to, for example, export to MailChimp.
- Optional: Customize the double opt-in email (from, subject, message).
Check out a demo contest
This is what a contest will look like to your audience (please note: you can customize almost everything about it including language, colors, and fonts).Social media contest software by Rewards Fuel
- MailChimp Contest Tips:
- Combine Entry Methods: You have over 30 different entry methods to choose from, add as many as you like, but, it is recommended that you add no more than six so as not to overwhelm your contestants.
- Viral Share Entry: Be sure to add this powerful entry method into your contest. Rewards Fuel will create a unique tracking link for everyone who visits your contest. When new people visit your Mailchimp giveaway from the tracking link they will be entered. Meanwhile when those new people enter the contest we give the person who originally shared the link extra entries into your contest improving their odds of winning.
- Collaborate: Make that prize bigger and better! Plus benefit from the extra exposure you’ll receive through your partners.
- Influencer marketing: If you’ve run a Rewards Fuel contest previously and you have a Promoter or Promoter Pro plan you’ll have access to in-depth contestant statistics including age, gender, location, and device used. Consider reaching out to the influencers that have entered your previous contest(s) to arrange a collaboration.
- Promote it: Contest websites who will promote your contest.
- Target locations: Block or target certain locations from entering your contest.
- Points: When choosing entry methods be sure to add points to the marketing channels you would like to see the most gains. Contestants are then motivated to enter multiple times to increase their chances of winning by gaining more points into your Mailchimp contest.
- Mailchimp Contest Features
- Embed it anywhere: Place your contest on your website or use our hosted website. If you use WordPress, we’ve built a plugin that makes creating your contest easy.
- Locations Targeting: Easily target or block locations from entering your contest, in other words narrow your focus and reach the right people, you can even block IP addresses from entering.
- Style it: Get creative with your Mailchimp giveaway and choose from a variety of different fonts, colors, images, videos or gifs or use css.
- Automate: Send a variety of notifications including invites to enter, automate
contest start, end date and/or winner picking.
- Show your Results: Email or print professional PDF contest statistics.
- Rules: Not sure where to start with this? Use our automatic
- Digital Prizes: Avoid shipping costs and use our digital prize tool, in other words, this tool allows you to run contests giving away tickets, software, videos, audio links, photos, gift cards and anything else that is uploadable up to 100 megabytes.
Mailchimp Contest FAQs
- How are entries counted?
- When the contestants click on the entry double-opt-in link we count their entry and automatically export them to your MailChimp list(s).
- Are there any other MailChimp related entry methods?
- Yes, we also have List keeper entry for MailChimp, this gives your MailChimp list incentive to stay on your list.
- Is this verified?
- Yes, we verify all newsletter entries via double opt-in.
- Can I export my new subscribers in other ways?
- Yes, you can use CSV export, which will allow you to export your new subscribers and import them anywhere you like
Get inspired and check out these great contest marketing examples and case studies–> Success stories
Questions, comments or suggestions about our social media contest platform? Shoot us an email at info@RewardsFuel.com or get started on a contest today by signing up–> here or downloading our plugin–> here.