You may have heard the expression, “Word of mouth is the best form of marketing.” We couldn’t agree more. When people share through social networks, it’s powerful. And, if the word spreads from friend to friend you now have virality, the buzz word we have all heard so many times. When you add the ‘Share to win’ option into your giveaway, you’ll be using the best marketing strategy for contests by asking your followers to share your contest across multiple social networks to enter to win your contest.
How it works:
Simply ask your contestants to share to win your contest. We’ve built a custom tracking link that’s easily distributed via email or social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) and allows us to track any new contestants that enter your contest.
When a new entry is confirmed from this tracking link, the person who shared the link will receive entry point(s) into your contest improving their odds of winning.
How to add Viral Share Entry- The Best Marketing Strategy for Contests:
- Choose “viral share entry” as one of you entry methods during the creation of your contest.
- Add the contest URL that you want your followers to share.
- Add your Twitter account
- Adjust advanced options (if you like) which include limiting the amount of shares per user, the amount of time between shares and adding a description.
- Be sure to add points to the viral share entry method to encourage shares – in fact we recommend assigning this entry method 10 points if possible.
Note: The only restriction is that the contest has to be embedded on the URL you choose.
That’s it! You’ve just added a very powerful entry method and the best marketing strategy for contests.
Have any questions or comments or need a hand setting up your contest? Shoot us an email at [email protected] – we’ll even set your contest up free up charge.
- Combine Entry Methods: There is over 30 different entry methods to choose from.
- Viral Share Entry: Be sure to add this powerful entry method into your contest.
- Collaborate: Make that prize bigger and better! Plus benefit from the extra exposure you’ll receive through your partners. Check out this great case study to get inspired.
- Influencer marketing: If you’ve run a Rewards Fuel contest previously and you have a Promoter or Promoter Pro package you’ll have access to in-depth contestant statistics including age, gender, location and device used. Consider reaching out to the influencers that have entered your previous contest(s) to arrange a collaboration.
- Promote it: 19 contest websites who will promote your contest.