Congrats to our friends at Wicked Bionic for running a fantastic voting contest with their client WGN America and the television series Blue Bloods! The team created a video contest that brought in thousands of hits to their website, thousands of newsletter subscribers, brought multiple shares throughout social media and created excitement for the airing of future episodes. Here’s how the team at Wicked Bionic did it…
Some prizes are priceless; and the chance of possibly seeing or meeting Tom Selleck, Bridget Moynahan, and Donny Wahlberg on the set of Blue Bloods is one of them! The team created two prize packages for Blue Blood fans.
- The grand prize included a visit to NYC and a look behind the scenes of the Blue Bloods set: Trip package included a 3 day two night trip to NY for two people, air/ground transportation plus a $500 America express gift card.
- 10 runner-up prize winners won a Blue Bloods prize pack: Included a Blue Bloods hat, cap and poster.
For three weeks, fans were invited to visit WWW.WGNAmerica.com to watch clips of Blue Bloods episodes and vote for their favorites to win. Different episodes were on display over the three week period and fans were able to vote as many times as they’d like, knowing that the top 10 episodes would then be shown during a Blue Bloods marathon on WGN America on December. 1st. Also on the telly during the marathon? The announcement of the sweepstakes winner!
The Reagan clan would be stoked to see these results!
- Contest Websites: Because of the popularity of the show, the contest was posted to multiple fan and contesting websites including Freebie Mom, Broadway World and Offers Contest. Check our list of 19 websites to post your contest to.
- Newsletter subscriptions: Although subscribing to their newsletter to enter was not a requirement for winning their contest, the team decided to add the option for contestants to subscribe with a single click. This simple addition to the giveaway brought in an extra 2019 newsletter subscribers in the process!
- Multiple winners: Allowing weekly voting then choosing multiple winners to receive prizes is a great strategy for increasing awareness and excitement for your contest. By awarding the
additional Blue Bloods prize packs, the contest increased fan loyalty, brand awareness, and promotes a tribe or community for Blue Bloods fans.
- Promotion: Not only did the team add share buttons for Twitter and Facebook directly on their voting page, but they also promoted the sweepstakes on the WGN America Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube accounts. They ran promotions on the WGN Television network as well.
The team now have in-depth statistics of their contestants so they can better re-target with future marketing campaigns and contests. Statistics are included in all video contests as well as the Promoter and Promoter Pro packages and include:
Plus at any time during a contest there is the option to print, or email professional PDF reports of the statistics.
Here’s what Dana Arnett, President and Chief Operating Officer of Wicked Bionic had to say about the WGN America Blue Bloods Video Contest.
Questions or comments about video contests? Shoot us an email at [email protected]