Congrats to our friends at Student Price Card for running a fantastic contest! The team gained over 39,000 contest entries with their giveaway, plus boosted app installs and gained thousands of social media followers with just one contest.
RESULTS: + 39,000 unique contest entries + increases to their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and app downloads.
Here’s how they did it
- They created an amazing prize:
First and foremost, the team set themselves up for success by giving away an amazing prize; a chance to win a fly-away VIP weekend experience to New York. The trip included round-trip air transportation, one (1) double room for three (3) nights at a four-star hotel and VIP passes to the Jingle Ball in New York in December 2019 plus $2000 USD spending money provided by CIBC.
2. They team allowed a variety of actions for contestants to enter:
The team gave their contestants a variety of options to enter to win. In fact they used over 10 different entry methods in their contest but started with a form first, asking contestants to start by submitting their student price card number, name, email etc.
3. The created additional entry method options:
- Instagram entry: Contestants could follow on Instagram to enter and/or submit a pin number on the SPC website that was posted on Instagram.
- Newsletter entry: Contestant’s could subscribe to enter and for current readers of the newsletter a pin was emailed that could be entered online.
- Facebook like entry: Like the SPC Facebook page to enter and/or find a PIN on the page and enter it on SPC website.
- App Install entry: They asked contestants to download the SPC app to gain access to another pin to enter.
- Twitter Follow: Follow to enter and/or discover the PIN on twitter
- Retailer PIN entries: SPC partnered with CIBC and had contest details and PINS to enter on display at participating retailers.
- Collaboration: The team at Student Price card collaborated with CIBC to create an amazing prize and to cross-promote the contest by having CIBC display the contest at participating retail locations.
- Points: When choosing entry methods the contest holders awarded the most amount of points (see top graphic) to the marketing channel they wanted to see the most gains. Contestants were then motivated to enter multiple times to increase their chances of winning by gaining more points into the contest.
- Promotion: Student Price card shared the contest on their social media channels and in their newsletter. By asking students to enter by submitting pins (codes) from their newsletter, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to enter, it rewarded their current subscribers and followers as well.
The team now have in-depth contest statistic that at any time during a contest they can print, or email professional PDF reports of the statistics. Statistics are included in the Promoter and Promoter Pro packages and include:
- Entry method used
- Points summary
- Device used
- Traffic sources
Here’s what Student Price card had to say about their experience using Rewards Fuel:
We spoke to about their marketing strategy:
Questions, comments or suggestions about our social media contest platform? Shoot us an email at [email protected] or get started on a contest today by signing up–> here or downloading our plugin–> here.