Form first contests are here and they’re quickly becoming your most popular contest template. The options are endless and modifying your contest entry form is easy.
Simply ask your audience to fill out a form as the first step to entering your giveaway, then upon form completion, offer your contestants a chance to enter again to improve their odds of winning; helping you with your marketing goals.
Use a Contest Entry Form to:
- Verify your contestant’s age before entering.
- Generate leads by gathering names and email addresses.
- Increase podcast or radio listeners by having contestants enter a code word.
- Create engagement, ask questions and gather customer feedback.
- Direct traffic to either physical or digital locations by having contestants submit pins from these locations.
- Reward loyalty club members by submitting their club codes or secret words.
- Reward email subscribers by having them submit the latest newsletter code word.
- Gather contestant information such as postal codes or locations.
Form First Contest demo:trade show contest
An example of how Student Price Card customized their Form First Contest:
The team at SPC gained over 39,000 entries and as a result, got a ton of app downloads and greatly improved their following on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Check out their case study here
- The 3 steps of Form First Contests
- Step 1: Contestants fill out a contest entry form that you craft using our drag and drop form builder. You may edit this form using HTML if you like.
- Step 2: When a contestant fills out your form, Rewards Fuel will handle the data they submit. Choose to post it to a website(s), email the information to one or more recipients, or just store it for downloading later.
- Step 3: Choose to display a quick message or thanks for submitting, redirect them to a website OR have the contestant improve their odds of winning by adding extra entry methods such as viral share entry, newsletter entry, or follow on a social network. You have over 34 different entry methods available, add as many entry methods as you like.
- Form First Contests include
- Drag and drop form elements.
- Full contest statistics you can access during or after your contest.
- Pre-made templates or customize your contest by changing colors, fonts, images,videos, gifs or style it with CSS.
- Push your leads directly to your mail list, CRM or export it to CSV.
- Send customizable confirmation emails automatically.
- Responsive design that looks great from mobile to desktop.
- Schedule your contest start or stop times.
- Automatic or manual winner picking.
- Creating a Form First Contest:
- Log in to your Rewards Fuel account – if you don’t have one yet, sign-up and choose our Promoter Pro Package.
- Click on Form First Contests.
- Choose your contest title, schedule, add prizes.
- Once on the layout page you will have Form First options.
- Drag and drop the form fields, be sure to use one field named “email”.
- Tell us what you would like to do with each form filled. Options include having us post the data to a website(s), email it, or just store it for later.
- Choose to email the person who filled out the form with a custom email.
- Customize the confirmation page by adding images, a message, or more entry methods
Example of the City of Flagstaff using a Form First Contest:
Plan needed for to use Form First Contests:
Contest entry forms are available with the Promoter Pro Plan.
- Additional features included in Form First Contests:
- Easy contest display: Place your contest on your website or use our hosted page. If you use WordPress, our plugin makes running contests simple.
- Style it: Get creative with your giveaway and choose from a variety of different fonts, colors, images, videos or gifs or use css.
- Automate winner picking and notifications.
- Points: When choosing entry methods be sure to add points to the marketing channels you would like to see the most gains.
- Send out invitations to enter your contest
- Statistics: Discover demographic and geographic information about your contestants
- Locations Targeting: Easily target or block locations from entering your contest, in other words narrow your focus and reach the right people, you can even block IP addresses from entering.
- Contest Reports: Export your contest statistics to a professional PDF
- Location: Target or block certain locations from entering. You can even block IP addresses if you choose.
- Digital Prizes: Avoid shipping costs and use our digital prize tool, in other words, this tool allows you to run contests giving away tickets, software, videos, audio links, photos, gift cards and anything else that is uploadable up to 100 megabytes.
- Rules: Not sure where to start with this? Use our automatic
- Customize the layout: Choose from multiple themes, colour options, images, videos or style it with CSS.
- Contest Tips:
- Combine Entry Methods: You have over 34 different entry methods to choose from, add as many as you like.
- Viral Share Entry: Be sure to add this powerful entry method into your contest. Rewards Fuel will create a unique tracking link for everyone who visits your contest. When new people visit your giveaway from the tracking link they will be entered. Meanwhile when those new people enter the contest we give the person who originally shared the link extra entries into your contest improving their odds of winning.
- Collaborate: Make that prize bigger and better! Plus benefit from the extra exposure you’ll receive through your partners.
- Influencer marketing: If you’ve run a Rewards Fuel contest previously and you have a Promoter or Promoter Pro plan you’ll have access to in-depth contestant statistics including age, gender, location, and device used. Consider reaching out to the influencers that have entered your previous contest(s) to arrange a collaboration.
- Promote it: Plan ahead and submit your contest to various contesting websites. We’ve scoured the web for you to find the best contest websites who will promote your giveaway Be sure to apply early as many of these have an application and approval process.
- Points: When choosing entry methods be sure to add points to the marketing channels you would like to see the most gains. Contestants are then motivated to enter multiple times to increase their chances of winning by gaining more points into your contest.
Questions or comments about Form First contests? Shoot us an email at info@RewardsFuel.com.