Spotify contests are a great way to get more followers.
Playlist curators, podcasters and artists often wonder “how can we get more Spotify followers”, that’s why we’ve created a contest strategy designed so you can easily do just that. Follow on Spotify is a new contest entry method that not only boosts followers and listeners, but allows you to increase your Facebook fans, Instagram followers, YouTube subscribers and more – all with just one contest.
“Ask your fans to follow you on Spotify to enter to win your contest. Rewards Fuel will keep track of you contestants, send notifications and pick your winners”
It all starts with offering a great prize. And a great prize doesn’t always mean that you need to spend a lot of money. Often giving away experiences as prizes can really take your contest to the next level. Releasing an album? Send your winner an autographed copy. Have a show coming up? Offer a meet and greet backstage. Is there a big festival on the horizon? A pair of festival tickets will do the trick; plus you can benefit by posting about your giveaway with the official festival hashtag. 😉
Next, look at collaborating with partners. Who can you team up with that’s looking to reach the same audience? Not only will you be able to create a better prize, but you’ll receive additional exposure through your partners. If you’re not able to work with corporate partners, consider reaching out to influencers in your industry to boost your contest promotion.
- Get more Spotify followers in 7 simple steps.
- Now that you’ve decided on your partners and your prize, let’s get started by logging in to your Rewards Fuel account and choosing “create a contest“. Don’t have an account yet? Sign-up by choosing our Promoter Pro plan.
- Next, describe your contest, add a description, start and end dates, pictures and videos.
- Add entry methods aka: the marketing channels you want to boost. Choose ‘follow on Spotify’ and then pick from over 30 different additional entry methods. Some popular ones include, follow on Instagram, subscribe on YouTube, like my Facebook page etc.
- The next screen prompts you to copy and paste the URL from the page you want to be followed.
- Add a description eg. Follow my Spotify playlist to enter to win my contest.
- Add some entry points – here’s why.
- Continue adding entry methods or move forward to adding more information about your prize.
How your contest looks to your contestants
Get creative with your Spotify Contest
Contests are totally customizable with the ability to add or remove elements and to easily change colors, fonts, images, videos, gifs and more.WordPress Contests by Rewards Fuel
- Get more Spotify followers: Features and Benefits
- All entries are verified by having your contestants log in with their Spotify account.
- Rewards Fuel will ensure contestants follow the proper accounts or that actions aren’t undone.
- Embed it anywhere: Place your contest on your website or use our hosted website. If you use WordPress, we’ve built a plugin that makes creating your contest easy.
- Locations Targeting: Easily target or block locations from entering your contest, in other words narrow your focus and reach the right people, you can even block IP addresses from entering.
- Style it: Get creative with your Spotify giveaway and choose from a variety of different fonts, colors, images, videos or gifs or use css.
- Automate: Send notifications including invites to enter, automate your
contest start, end date and/or winner picking if you choose.
- Statistics: Discover the age, gender, location and more of your contestants. Plus email or print professional PDF contest statistics.
- Rules: Not sure where to start with this? Use our automatic
- Digital Prizes: Avoid shipping costs and use our digital prize tool, in other words, this tool allows you to run contests giving away tickets, software, videos, audio links, photos, gift cards and anything else that is uploadable up to 100 megabytes.
Plan needed to use Follow on Spotify entry
Follow on Spotify entry is available on the Promoter Pro plan.
Questions or comments about how to grow your Spotify following with contests? Please reach out to our customer service reps at info@RewardsFuel.com
- Contest Tips:
- Combine Entry Methods: There is over 30 different entry methods to choose from. Add as many as you like into your contest.
- Viral Share Entry: Be sure to add this powerful entry method into your contest. Rewards Fuel will create a unique tracking link for everyone who visits your contest. When new people visit your Spotify giveaway from the tracking link they will be entered. Meanwhile when those new people enter the contest we give the person who originally shared the link extra entries into your giveaway improving their odds of winning.
- Collaborate: Make that prize bigger and better! Plus benefit from the extra exposure you’ll receive through your partners.
- Influencer marketing: Consider reaching out to the influencers in your industry to arrange a collaboration.
- Promote it: 22 contest websites who will promote your contest.
- Points: When choosing entry methods be sure to add points to the marketing channels you would like to see the most gains. Contestants are then motivated to enter multiple times to increase their chances of winning by gaining more points into your Mailchimp contest.
Spotify Follow entry FAQs
- How are entries counted?
- When the contestants click on the entry button they are redirected to Spotify where they authorize us to follow your account. Once we have verified that they are following you their entry will count.
- Will this help me get verified on Spotify?
- Spotify for Artists is available for all artists and their management teams. You no longer need 250 followers to get verified. Getting more followers will not help you get verified. Get verified, visit Spotify for Artists.
- Is this like buying Spotify followers?
- No, this is your chance to offer incentive and gain engagement from real people.